We are committed to providing you, your family, and loved ones with personal, dignified, and professional services that honor life by preparing you for and supporting you through the end of life experience.
A family owned business since 1897, Buresh Funeral Homes, Inc. remains steeped in a rich tradition of values and family centered services.
The Buresh family tradition began when Anthony Buresh established a funeral home in Detroit, Michigan on Vernor Highway and Junction Street near Holy Redeemer Church. In conjunction with the funeral home, Anthony owned and operated a livery service renting horse drawn hearses and carriages to Detroit area funeral homes. Later, Anthony expanded adding two Detroit branch locations on Dix Highway and Sullivan Avenue. Anthony’s son and successor Edward Buresh, operated the Funeral Home at two different Detroit locations, Greenfield Avenue near Fenkell and Puritan at Schaefer. Edward’s successor, Edward G. Buresh, Jr. operated the Puritan location until 1970 when he moved the family business to Oscoda, MI. Matthew W. Buresh, an Oscoda High School and Michigan State University graduate and fourth generation Buresh, now leads the fine tradition of Buresh Funeral Homes, Inc. services.
- Have six conveniently located funeral homes, which provide a full range of services from pre-planning to traditional burial or cremation through aftercare support.
- Are staffed by a knowledgeable–truly dedicated and caring group of professionals ready to serve you.
- Respect religious and ethnic traditions.
- Seek to meet each family’s needs and desires.
- Understand unique financial needs and limitations placed on families and loved ones.
- Are available 24 hours a day– 7 days a week–365 days a year.