The Buresh family tradition began when Anthony Buresh established a funeral home in Detroit, Michigan on Vernor Highway and Junction Street near Holy Redeemer Church. In conjunction with the funeral home, Anthony owned and operated a livery service renting horse drawn hearses and carriages to Detroit area funeral homes. Later, Anthony expanded adding two Detroit branch locations in Dix Highway and Sullivan Avenue. Anthony’s son and successor Edward Buresh, operated the Funeral Home at two different Detroit locations, Greenfield Avenue near Fenkell and Puritan at Schaefer. Edward’s successor, Edward G. Buresh, Jr. operated the Puritan location until 1970 when he moved the family business to Oscoda, MI. Matthew W. Buresh, an Oscoda High School and Michigan State University graduate and fourth generation Buresh, now leads the fine tradition of Buresh Funeral Home, Inc. services.
Buresh Funeral Homes, Inc. is a family business steeped in tradition. It’s rich heritage reflects the values and visions of four generations of a family known for their commitment to excellence. It is the strong family bond that qualifies the Buresh Funeral Homes, Inc. to care for the funeral needs of any family with both competence and compassion.
At Buresh, we:
- Have six conveniently located funeral homes, which provide a full range of services from pre-planning to traditional burial or cremation. Our Tawas, Oscoda, Hale, and AuGres locations are staffed Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Our Twining and Prescott locations are staffed on an “as needed” basis. Phone coverage is provided 24/7 for all six locations. We encourage you to call to schedule an appointment with any of our six locations.
- Are staffed by knowledgeable and truly dedicated and caring group of professionals ready to serve you.
- Respect religious and ethnic traditions.
- Seek to meet each family’s needs and desires.
- Understand unique financial needs and limitations placed on families and loved ones.
- Have a licensed Funeral Director available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.